I have been living in the communication Dark Ages for a long time.
My cell phone was about as old as my second child. It was so old, your grandma probably had a cell phone more technologically advanced than mine.
Don’t believe me?
I haven’t spent money on a phone in years. Oh, I pay for the service, just not the telephone. It’s my dirty little secret. I collect, some say hoard, old cell phones and chargers. I take all the reject phones from friends and family and put them to good use. I like to think of myself as a recycler rather than a techno-moocher.
Yes, it’s all true, every word. In fact, it’s an excerpt from The Day My Cell Phone Aged Me, a funny story about the time I lost my cell phone in a mall bigger than a football field. When I asked the cashier with the eight-inch gauged earlobes in H&M to use the store phone, he laughed at me.
But now, along with the rest of society, I have a smart phone in my hand.
I also have an assortment of Apps I love. I need your help though. I’m looking for a few Apps that do very specific things. Perhaps you can help me find them, but first I’ll share a few Apps I’ve been using and love.
1. A Beautiful Mess – This is a photo editor that is very girly and lots of fun. The following photo is an example of edits done in A Beautiful Mess App.
2. VSCOcam – This is a photo editing App also. I like it, but I honestly don’t use it that much.
3. Vidify – This is a video maker App and I’m looking very forward to mastering the art of short videos that celebrate everyday life. I’m a long way from mastery. Heck, I haven’t even made one video yet, so this is more of a long-term goal.
If you use it, I’d love some pointers.
4. All Recipes – Love it! I use Allrecipes.com all the time and this App is perfect for when I’m cooking and want to refer to a recipe. It’s also helpful for when I’m in a store and I forget what ingredients I need. Not that it ever happens. I’m not the least bit forgetful. *cough, cough*
5. Evernote – If you’re not using it, you probably should be. Seriously. It’s like a pack of sticky notes, except a thousand times better. I use it to jot things down all. the. time. You can use it on your desktop also.
It pretty much eliminates all the hundred little scraps of paper I write things down on and then lose.
Now, here’s where I need your help.
I’d like an App that tells me the weather. I don’t want to know what’s it doing right now, because I can open up my front door and figure it out. I want the five day forecast.
I’m toying with the idea of a coupon App. Do you use one? Can you recommend one??
What am I missing? Is there an App I shouldn’t live without?
What are your favorite Apps?
Of course, I have all the usual Apps – Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Pandora, and MindCrap (that’s what we call Minecraft, my kid’s favorite game).