It’s high time the FringeFamily adopted the chicken little attitude towards our ecosystem. I’m disappointed with our water consumption, energy over-use, and environmental irresponsibility. FringeMan cut down four trees in our backyard this year alone. His massacre must be stopped!
** Please Note **
2009 is the year the FringeFamily goes green. I’ve been changing light bulbs to energy saving fluorescents, unplugging appliances when not in use, and I’m purchasing green products.
The FringeFamily has also taken a few drastic measures in their effort to “Go Green”.
* No lawn moving this year! FringeMan is ecstatic. All weeds and baby trees will be allowed and encouraged to grow to their full potential. We will be sure those 4 fallen trees are replaced.
* In an effort to increase personal health, I contemplated getting back to jogging; however that would NOT be energy conservation. I am sacrificing jogging in 2009 for the good of our land. Yes, it’s big of me.
* I am fastening a set of propellers to my sons nose. The force of wind from him mouth alone should power our home for the next year. I’m all for alternative energy!
* Since Oriana, my dog, ate silly putty, I’m still pressing her into the comics. In fact, I don’t buy the paper anymore. I just bring Oriana over to the neighbors, press her into the good articles and bring her back home to read. I figure it’s the green thing to do…saves on paper and all.
* The FringeKids are now allowed to write on walls ONLY. No more of these silly notebooks. Sheesh!
* We will avoid napkins and wipe our mouths on our shirt sleeves. Same for tissues. My son seems to do just fine with his shirt collar.
* From this day forward, our family car is officially my children’s yellow peddle pusher. We may resemble the Flinstones, but when you see us peddling down the street, remember, we are FringeFamily and we are green.
* We will not heat our home with oil. FringeMan will walk the streets each night gathering naturally fallen sticks, pieces of bark, and dog patties (no cow patties in this area). Natural home heating fuel only. If we get low on sticks, we’ll burn our Christmas cards. No offense family & friends.
* The FringeKids must eat all meals outside to ensure the ants have plenty of crumbs.
* We will lobby congress to ban Raid. After all, roaches have rights too!
* We will demand that New York provide fair and humane treatment to all city rats.
* Limit showers to one per week. (I definitely need to remember deorant now!)
* To lighten the laundry load, we will wear all clothing right side out and then inside out. A trick I learned from FringeBoy.
* We will all share 6-8 glasses of water daily.
I hope you will join the FringeFamily in our effort to GO GREEN! Have a safe, happy, & healthy New Year!