Notice how confession doesn’t exactly spread like, say, the flu? Ya, doesn’t go around much, but I decided it was time for some good old-fashioned confessing…good for the soul and all.
For all you list lovers out there, I’ll start the confession ball rolling with a list. Am I making you happy this morning or what?
1. I hate candy corn. Whew! Glad I got that off my chest. I just cannot understand all you people who crave those colored kernels. Since childhood, I’ve detested candy corn. In fact I filled glass jars with the stuff and used it for decoration around the house. I’m not even the least bit tempted. Amazing, I know. Now if it were chocolate….
2. I’m thinking about adding a significant amount of fleece to my wardrobe. Do you think that’s a fashion “no” for fall 2010? You know how not very concerned I am with being in style. Really, fleece may become the new black for me. It’s getting mighty chilly in the mornings.
3. I had a fight civil disagreement with FringeMan the other day. Then, one of those blasted marriage posts I wrote came back to bite me in the butt as they say. I had no one left to be mad at but myself. I hate when I’m right!
4. I’m in serious de-cluttering mood. If I’m not heart pumpingly in love with it, I don’t want it in my house. Junk stresses me out. Does that ever happen to you? The older I get, and I do NOT age quickly, the more I adore clear surfaces.
5. We have like 546 lightbulbs in our house. Well, maybe a few less, but just a few. FringeMan has an obsession with lights and switches. Seriously. Nighttime in my house is like pure daylight in most Northern regions. We had just changed out every lightbulb to those fluorescent energy savers when I read reports and watched some videos on studies showing the dirty voltage produced by fluorescent lightbulbs increases asthma. We changed every single lightbulb back to the old-fashioned kind that makes our meter spin like a fan. Talk about wasted energy!
Ok, my soul can’t handle anymore confessions this morning. It’s your turn!